Thai Tofu Kabab
Very tasty Thai style pressed grilled kabab.
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons peanut oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 15-ounce container firm or extra-firm tofu, pressed
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 green onions, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
8 wooden skewers
1 cup whole-wheat couscous, cooked according to package directions without added fat
1/2 cup prepared Thai peanut sauce
1. Whisk together lime juice, cilantro, soy sauce, peanut oil, garlic and black pepper. Add pressed tofu and turn to coat. Cover with plastic and marinate 15 minutes (or up to 24 hours, refrigerated).
2. Preheat grill or broiler.
3. Cut the tofu into 16 pieces. Alternate pieces of tofu, red pepper and green onion on skewers. Brush with marinade.
4. Grill or broil 5-8 minutes, until vegetables are charred and tofu is hot, turning frequently and brushing with marinade halfway through cooking.
5. Serve kebabs with couscous. Serve the prepared peanut sauce on the side as a dipping sauce for the kebabs.