Steamed Perch with Pickled Mustard & Tofu
50 gm pickled mustard leaves
1 tsp sugar
600 gm perch, cleaned
25 gm ginger, shredded
2 tubes egg tofu, sliced into rounds
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp soya sauce
Dash of pepper
1. Shred pickled mustard leaves, soak in water for 15-20 minutes, drain and season with the sugar. Set aside.
2. Clean the fish and place in a steaming plate. Layer the mustard leaves and ginger on the fish, and the tofu on the sides.
3. Mix the soya sauce and oil together in a bowl and sprinkle on top of the fish.
4. Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a wok and place a steaming tray inside. Place the fish inside and steam for 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle a dash of pepper on the fish before serving.