Seafood and Beancurd Potage
4 soft beancurd
1/4 pound shelled shrimps, diced finely
1/4 pound white fish fillet, diced finely
1/4 pound carrot, diced finely
4 ounces green peas
1 egg, beaten
1/2 pound lean pork ribs
5 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoon water
1. Scald the ribs in boiling water for 3 minutes. Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a pot.
2. Put in the scalded pork ribs, cover the pot and reduce heat to simmer until the liquid is reduced to about 3 cups.
3. Sieve the stock into a clean pot. Discard ribs. Bring the sieved stock to a boil, then add the carrots and peas and
cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Put the beancurd in a bowl and mash lightly. Add the shrimps, fish and seasoning.
5. Pour the mixture into soup stock and cook for 5 minutes. Now stir the cornflour mixture and pour it into the soup, mixing well. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and remove the pot from the stove. Stir in the beaten egg gradually. Serve the potage while it is still hot.