Stir-fry Green Beans
Asian-style green beans with lots of flavor! This recipe is made with green bean, black bean and crushed pepper.
1 pound green beans or long beans
1/4 cup fermented black beans, chopped
2 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper or to taste
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon minced peeled gingerroot
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Snap off the ends of the beans and break them into pieces, abour 2 inches long. Set aside.
2. Combine the black beans, gingerroot, garlic and red pepper in a small dish. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a wok over medium high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the black bean mixture, it will sizzle slightly
4. Stir until fragrant. Add the green beans, soy sauce and sugar. Stir a few times and add the water. Stir to mix, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Uncover the wok, turn the heat to high , and cook for 5
minutes or until the beans are tender and liquid has evaporated. Stir frequently to ensure even cooking and to prevent burning as the liquid evaporates. Serve hot.