Stewed Dried Scallops with Garlic
Very taste stew dried scallop with cabbage.
7 ounces dried scallops
3.5 ounces garlic
10.5 ounces cabbage
2 slices old ginger
oil for scalding
1 small chicken breast
3.5 ounces pork rib
3 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon cornflour + 1 tablespoon water for thickening.
1. Bring stock ingredients to a boil. Bring the heat to
medium-low and simmer for 1 1/2 hour or until the
stock is reduced to 1 cup. Sieve the stock through a
muslin cloth. Discard the meat and set stock aside.
2. Heat up sufficient oil and fry garlic and scald the garlic till a golden brown.
3. Cut the cabbage into serving pieces crosswise. Arrange the scallops on the bottom and sides of a bowl.
4. Put the blanched garlic on the scallops and then put a few leaves of the cabbage on top.The ingredients should fill the bowl so that it can be unmoulded later. Steam this for 1 1/2 hours over medium heat.
5. Meanwhile, boil the remaining cabbage in water with 2 slices of old ginger for 30 minutes. When the vegetable is soft and tender, ladle out and rinse briefly. When the scallop mixture is cooked, combine the scallop stock with the stock
6. Bring this stock to boil in a wok. Add seasoning and allow to boil for a minute. Thicken with cronflour and stir briskly. Add the cabbage, including the few leaves covering the scallops and garlic.
7. Cook for 2 minutes. While the cabbage is stewing, unmould
the scallops and garlic in the center of a shallow dish.