1/4 cup fat-free milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
4 slices dry whole-wheat bread
Confectioners' sugar ( optional)
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the milk, egg, egg white,
2. Melt 1 teaspoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Using pot holders, tilt the pan to coat the bottom evenly. Dip 2 bread slices in the egg mixture.
3. Place in the skillet or griddle. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, turning to brown both sides.
4. Place on a plate. Repeat cooking with the remaining 1 teaspoon butter, 2 bread slices, and egg mixture.
5. To serve, dust lightly with confectioners' sugar, if using.