Cottage Cheese- Dill Bread
1 package active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup small - curd cottage cheese
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons dill seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat a 9"X 5" loaf pan with
2. In a large bowl, combine the yeast and water. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, or until softened.
3. Add cottage cheese, sugar, onion, egg, dill seeds, salt and baking soda. Stir to mix well. Add the flour, a little at a time, stirring to mix well.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand at room temperature for at least 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled insize.
5. Stir batter to deflate to original size. Pour it in the prepare pan. Cover the pan and allow the dough to rise for at least
60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Invert the bread onto the rack and allow to cool completely before cutting.