1 cup skim-milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup soy oil
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup plain, all purpose flour
1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 220 C (425 F).
2. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl; mix milk, egg and soy oil.
3. Combine dry ingredients in another bowl; mix cornmeal, flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and beat for 1 min, until batter is fairly smooth.
5. Pour batter into a greased 8" square baking pan. Bake
for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 205 C (400 F ) and bake for 10 minutes more, tenting loosely with tinfoil if cornbread appears to be browning. Do not allow cornbread to brown.
6. Cool completely on a rack before slicing.