Making Japanese Sushi Rice
500g sushi rice
lOOm! Japanese rice
1. Soak the rice and rinse under running water thoroughly.
2. Boil the rice with water in a rice cooker until cooked.
3. Dish the rice out and place onto a baking tray or flat dish.
4. Sprinkle the rice vinegar onto the rice and toss with a spatula.
5. Air the mixture while tossing for about 3 minutes.
6. Mix the rice properly to ensure the underside is also exposed to the air and vinegar. Continue fanning for another 3 minutes.
7. Leave the rice to cool until it is room temperature.
8. The rice is now ready for use. Properly made sushi rice should be sticky enough to form loose clumps and should be mildly sweet and sour. The grains should be glistening.