1 deboned chicken drumstick (approximately 150 gm)
3 gm salt
3 gm pepper
50 gm wheat flour
2 eggs, beaten
100 gm bread crumbs
500 ml cooking oil
1 tsp yellow mustard sauce
1 tsp tonkatsu sauce
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 tsp chilli sauce
200 gm cabbage, shredded
1 bowl rice, boiled
1 lemon, quartered
1. Rub the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Coat the chicken with wheat flour, and then eggs and breadcrumbs in successive layers.
3. Heat the oil up to 280°C.
4. Fry the breaded chicken until golden brown and remove from the oil. Pat dry with a paper towel and then chop into bite-sized pieces.
5. Dish out the mustard, tonkatsu, mayonnaise and chilli sauce into separate saucers.
6. Serve the chicken katsu on a bed of shredded cabbage. Dip the chicken into the various sauces for flavour.
Note: The complete chicken katsu meal would comprise the chicken katsu, a bowl of rice and hot Miso soup.