Steamed Red Rainbow Trout with Shredded Mushroom and Ginger
600 gm rainbow trout, cleaned
100 gm shiitake mushrooms, sliced
50 gm ginger, shredded
3 tbsp steamed fish sauce
2 tbsp cooking oil
Pinch of sugar
100 gm spring onions, diced
1. Clean the fish, and place in a steaming plate. Layer the mushrooms and ginger on top of the fish and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix the fish sauce, cooking oil and sugar together and set aside.
3. Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a wok and place a steaming tray in the wok. Place the fish with the steaming plate inside and steam for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the cover and pour the sauce on the fish before steaming for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Garnish with spring onions. Serve hot.