Scallops With Broccoli & Bell Pepper
Stir-fry Scallop, bell pepper and broccoli with a touch of ginger and light soy sauce.
2 tablespoon reduce-sodium soy sauce
4 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 fat-free reduce sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 pound fresh scallops
2 cups broccoli flowerets
1 medium size or green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 or 2 cloves garlice, minced or pressed
1. To prepare sauce, in a small bowl, stir together soy sauce and constarch until blended. Stir in broth, sherry, giner and sugar. Set aside.
2. Rinse scallops and pat dry; cut into bite-size pieces, if desired. Set aside.
3. In a wide nonstick frying pan or wok, combine broccoli bell pepper, onion and 1/3 cup water. Cover and cook over medium high heat just until vegetables are tender. Uncover and stir-fry until liquid has evaporated.
4. Stir sauce well and pour into pan. Cook, stirring until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Transfer vegetable mixture to a serving bowl and keep warm.
5. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add garlic and 1 tablespoon water to pan. Stir-fry just until garlic is fragrant. Add scallops. Stir-fry until scallops are opaque in center, cut to test (3-4 minutes). Pour scallops and juices over vegetable mixtures; mix gently and thoroughly.