White Chicken With Ginger Dipping Sauce
7 cups chicken stock
2 slices of fresh ginger
2 spring onions
4 free-range chicken breasts
Ginger and Spring Onion Dipping Sauce:
4 tablespoons groundnut oil
1 tablespoon finely choppd fresh ginger
4 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
1 teaspoon salt
1. Bring the stock to the boil with the ginger slices and spring onions.
2. Add the chicken breasts and leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off, cover the pan and leave for another 10-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the sauce: Heat the oil in a small pan, then remove it from the heat and add the ginger, spring onions and salt. Stir well.
4. Take the chicken out of the pan and drain. Remove excess fat from the stock and reheat.
5. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and serve with the dipping sauce, a bowl of broth and some plain boiled rice.