Stir-fried Eggs with Tomatoes
Quick and easy, all time favorite stir-fry eggs.
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
4-6 tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
8 tablespoons chicken stock or water
4 spring onions or a small handful of basil, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat half the oil in a wok or saucepan. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
2. Add the tomatoes and sugar and season with salt and
pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute,add the stock or water, then cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the spring onions or basil. Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan.
4. When it is just beginning to smoke, pour in the egg mixture swells and begins to set, draw it away from the edges of the pan towards the centre with a fork, then turn over and brown the other side.
5. Do not over-cook. Chop the cooked eggs roughly and add to the tomato sauce for just long enough for it the reheat.
Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.