Beef, Tomato and Egg Drop Soup
Quick and easy egg drop soup that everyone loves!
2/3 pound lean beef
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cooking wine
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4-6 tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
7 cups chicken stock
4 springs onions, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
1. Finely slice and then roughly chop the beef. Combine the ginger, soy sauce, cooking wine and cornflour.
2. Add the beef and mix well. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the beef and stir-fry until it changes colour.
3. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and
leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
4. Beat the eggs and slowly pour them into the soup. Do not allow the soup to boil. Stir gently once the egg will float to the top.
5. Garnish with the spring onions and serve at once.