Summer Squash with Walnuts and Parmesan
This dish is rich with Vitamin C, Calcium, Manganese and Omega-3 fatty acids.
1 teaspoons butter
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 medium zucchini, cut into 3 inches long spears
1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 3 inches long spears.
1 tablespoon chicken or vegetable broth or water
1/8 teaspoon salt
1.8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Pamersan cheese
1. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, or until soft.
3. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
4. Cover and summer, stir occassionally for 6 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with the walnuts and cheese.