Dried Whelk and Chinese White Cabbage Soup
100 grams dried whelk
300 grams Chinese white cabbage
200 grams spare ribs
100 grams lean pork
8 red dates, stoned and rinsed
1 piece tangerine peel, rinsed
1 slice old ginger
8 cups water
1 teaspoon salt ( optional )
1. Rinse and sliced whelk and soak in water for 30 minutes. Use a brush to scrub off grit. Rinse and drain. Discard the water.
2. Rinse the meat and ribs and scald in boiling water for 3 minutes. Rinse and drain.
3. Wash the cabbage and cut each stalk into 3 sections.
4. Bring 8 cups water to a boil. Put in the scalded meat, ribs
and the whelk slices. Cover and boil for 15 minutes.
5. Bring the heat to low and simmer for 2 hours.Now add
the cabbage, red dates, tangerine peel and ginger.
6. Continue to simmer the soup for another hour. Add
salt if necessary. Serve.