Fish and Scallop Skewers
A fresh tasting Asian-inspired kabob.
1 pound fish fillet
12 large scallops, halved crossways
8 lemon grass
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of ground black pepper
fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Cut the fish fillet into 16 large chunks.
2. Remove the outer leaves from the lemon grass to leave thin rigid stalks. Chop the tender parts of the lemon grass leaves finely and place in a bowl. Stir in the lemon juice, oil, chopped coriander, salt and pepper.
3. Thread the fish and scallop chunks alternately on the eight lemon grass stalks.
4. Arrange the skewers of the fish and shellfish in a shallow dish and pour over the marinade. Cover and leave in a cool
place for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
5. Transfer the to a steamer and steam for 10 minutes until just cooked. Garnish with coriander and serve with hot rice.