Chicken and Vegetable Bundles
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 teaspoon cornflour
2 teaspoon dry sherry
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of ground white pepper
4 fresh dried shitake mushroom
1/2 cup sliced, drained, canned bamboo shoots
1 small carrot
1 leek, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Remove any fat from the chicken thighs and cut each
lengthways into eight strips. Place the strips in a bowl.
2. Add the cornflour, sherry and half the soy sauce to the
chicken. Stir in the salt and pepper and mix well. Cover and marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Remove and discard the mushroom stalks, then cut each mushroom cap in half. Cut the carrot 2 inch long section, then mix the mushroom halves and bamboo shoots together.
4. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Drain thoroughly, then slit the leek down its length.
5. Put marinated chicken, and all the vegetables in a steamer. Steam them in a steamer for 12-15 minutes or until the filling is cooked.
6. Meanwhile mix the remaining soy sauce with sesame oil and use as a sauce.