Tossed Chicken Fillet with Medlar Seeds
10 ounces chicken fillet
1 ounce medlar seeds
1 ounce spring onion, shredded
1/2 ounces old ginger, shredded
2 ounces bean sprouts, roots removed
2 tablespoon Chinese wine
1 tablespoon oil
Marinade for chicken:
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon ginger juice
1 teaspoon oil
1. Rinse the medlar seeds briefly, then soak them in 2
tablespoon of Chinese wine for 15 minutes.
2. Clean and rinse the chicken fillet. Pat dry with kitchen towel, then matinate with seasoning for 10 minutes. Steam
the chicken over medium-high heat for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the steamer and drain the
chicken stock into a small bowl. Cool the chicken fillet
separately before tearing into shreds with the fingers.
4. Reserve the chicken stock. Heat 1 tablespoon of the
oil in a wok. Fry the shredded old ginger till fragrant.
5. Add the bean sprouts and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt
and sugar and fry well for a minute. Add the shredded
chicken and mix well. Transfer the cooked ingredients
onto a plate and set aside.
5. Clean the wok and pour in the reserved chicken stock with the medlar seeds and Chinese wine. Cover the wok and bring to a boil before including the shredded spring onions . Mix well.
6. Pour this stock mixture over the chicken fillet and
bean sprouts. Serve immediately.